Business Purchase Advice
Purchasing a business is a significant step. Taking the time to complete thorough due diligence takes time and you need to know what to look for.
An independent valuation provides you with answers to the questions you often need to ask about the value of a business or property. Am I purchasing at a good price? Is the business valued correctly? QA are experts in business valuations. We are regularly engaged to value businesses, ranging from family owned businesses to large corporate groups including the following:
- Purchase or sale of a business, as part of the due diligence process
- Assessment of the value of the business
- Goodwill Admission or retirement of a partner in a partnership
- Business subject to a compulsory acquisition, as part of the resumption of land by a government or statutory authority
- Valuation of intellectual property
- Critiquing another expert’s valuation report
We are also able to appear in court and in arbitration as expert witnesses in relation to business valuations.
Business Sale Advice
Selling a business can be a difficult, and somewhat stressful experience. We often get asked questions such as: “am I getting the best price for the sale of my business" or: “is the asking price too much"?
At Quality Accounting, we are trained and experienced in business valuations, and are able to provide you with simple guidelines and formulas for evaluating the worth of a business, in order to relieve this stress for you. The services we provide in relation to organising the sale of your business include:
- Obtaining comparative results
- Establishing a realistic sale price
- Taking the business to the market
- Negotiating with potential purchasers
- Drafting a contract
- Family Law matters
- Minority shareholder disputes
- Shareholder or partnership disputes
Our friendly and professional staff are able to assist in such a way that a maximum return for your business can be achieved.